Once a week its pasta dinner for us. I have always made tomato based pasta sauces with penne being the favourite choice. Today I wanted to do something different, going beyond my boundary of likes; I made up my mind to make Cream based white pasta sauce. I have never been a fan of milk and dairy based products, though I am fine with yoghurt and whipped cream. I don’t relish puddings no matter how tasty they may be, that’s just me. Well, this is marriage and love I think which made me do it, because Yoel loves white sauce Pasta.
The whole day my research went on, I must have looked on 25 – 30 recipes easily, but was not very happy with any. So I thought of coming up with my own recipe by mixing ingredients my way. This was a bit tough because I didn’t have any reference of the taste. I had always made pasta the easy way using the ready made pasta sauces and then adding my own ingredients to it. But this one i was cooking from the scratch, I tried doing my best.
The ingredients being 2 chopped cloves garlic, 4 chopped green chillies, 100gms thinly sliced mushrooms, handful of peas, 200gms diced chicken, 1tsp pepper, 2tbsp olive oil, 1cup milk, 5tbsp double cream, salt to taste, 2 cups (penne) pasta boiled, chopped coriander.
- Boil the dried penne to almost done (al-dente), drain the hot water and run it under cold water immediately till the water runs clear to prevent the pasta from sticking.
- On medium flame fry the diced chicken and keep aside.
- In a deep pan heat olive oil, add garlic and sauté.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and peas, sauté it well followed by adding the green
- Make sure the mushroom and peas are well cooked
- Add the cup of milk and bring it to boil and then add the cream.
- Simmer the mixture to thicken it well, say for 20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper as per taste.
- In a dish place the boiled pasta, mix chilli flakes throughout.
- Place the chicken over the pasta, and the coriander leaves.
- After the sauce is done well pour it over the chicken.
- Grill this pasta for 10 minutes and its ready to serve.
- Donot forget to sprinkle parmesan.
Creamy yummy pasta is ready. It was yummy but being creamy and milky I didn’t enjoy much but I was happy and satisfied seeing Yoel enjoying it. If you are vegetarian just skip the chicken and add thinly sliced carrots.
There had to be some treat for me, so I thought of the strawberries in my fridge and yes I had the cream too. The best way to enjoy British summer is Strawberries n Cream. Wimbledon is famous for its strawberries and cream, I was late to apply for the tickets, so next year will have it there. I have loved strawberry picking in Melbourne. Have been there twice, a strawberry farm called “Sunny Ridge”. It just beautiful and the whole activity is yummy. You are advised not to eat strawberries while picking but the scenario is so opposite people pick and eat and why not, they are so irresistible. This is surely one of my recommended place to visit, if you are going to Melbourne (Australia) during December January.
I did easy way, wash and halve the strawberries. Add 1 tsp sugar to 120ml of double cream and whip it well. Add the Strawberries and site back and enjoy. I can assure you will go for a second serving.